Sunday, September 4, 2011

Platoon Command Chimera DONE

Well, I've spent a full week on vacation, mostly watching movies and playing the hell out of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. AWESOME game. What else can I say?

 However, the week was not a complete hobby loss. While I did indeed expect to get more done than this Chimera, it is still done and that's cool. I'm happy with how the turret marking came out- the '1' is a stencil and the command laurels around it I painted freehand. Really pleased with the overall look :)

 Up next is a Leman Russ! Until next time, thanks for checking this out and for your comments...

8 comments:

  1. wow. dude, that looks really awesome. I'm totally looking forward to the site of your krieg rolling into battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks really, really good. the lamp looks like 'eavy metal painted it...great stuff
    Mike
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to have a game with you, but I'll have to complete painting my stuffs first to be worthy as your opponent..
    by the way..dude, those camo designs are freehanded with airbrush right?..somebody said that you masked it, but looking at the soft edge border, I don't think so..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice paint job, love the camo pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for the comments guys! Work progresses, but not fast enough!

    @SC Mike- Thanks for checking it out. The searchlight effect is actually dead easy- might make a good video for my budding channel

    @Vuel- Yes indeed, the grey camo is done freehand with an airbrush. I only use masks for the ID bands, numbers, and the searchlight glass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tanks are coming out really nice :)

    And yes, please do make a vid on how u paint your searchlights :)

    Can't wait to see your russ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. drool..... droolllllll.......
    more more more!!!!

    ReplyDelete