Sunday, March 6, 2011

WIP Word Bearer Shoulder Pads

I managed to turn these WIP shoulder pads during a couple hours work last Hobby Night. While not as good as I want them to be, the results are an improvement from my first attempt at sculpting a small book icon. Of course, I still need to add the flame (like in my first shoulder pad), but these are a good start. This time around I used my knife to carefully work in the suggestion of text on to the pages, and I'm getting better at proportions and working with the putty. I'm still working at making these better, but I'm happy to see that my skills are improving with something I've worked at, and until now had little tangible success...

I'm going to try and get some painting progress done today. Kindred is fast approaching, and of course I'm behind my painting schedule (again!). My personal hobby lately has been taking a back seat to Battlefront hobby, and taking Battlefront work home. Hopefully over the coming weeks I can manage that a bit better, and get these Word Bearers done in time.