Thursday, July 15, 2010

HRR 18, Day 32

Days Remaining: 10

Models Remaining: 24



I almost colored in 10 boxes tonight. I almost changed the text above to read "Models Remaining: 14". However, I just couldn't do it. As much as they are essentially done, without the orange oil wash and flock, the second squad is not 100% done:



Tonight I finished painting the bases, highlighting the black, and painting the wraith construct symbols on their heads. That in and of itself is sweet, and I'm really happy with the amount of work I got done tonight. Still, with another hour, I could have done the gloss varnish and the oil wash- maybe even the matte varnish too. Oh well. I'm guessing Saturday these dudes will be completely done.

In more good news, I also managed to prime and basecoat the third and final Wraithguard squad. The photo below shows all the remaining models I have to paint, sans the second Wraithlord. I see the light at the end of the tunnel at last.



That's it for tonight, folks. With any luck, I'll finish all the base painting on the third squad during Hobby Night. If all goes according to plan this weekend, by the end of Sunday night/Week 5, I'll add BOTH Wraithguard squads AND the second Wraithlord to the "Painted" category. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment